2011-09-08 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] back-up of settings and accounts

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 1ba4281d4a7b8e8da1b048640aabf11551005d7978aaeba01d08710d3b87df72
Message ID: <CAESLx0KzAKp3h4YVXFa1XBJwaF5i1v=SU3KN28EC5504u6t5gA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <1315471997.72540.YahooMailClassic@web110201.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-09-08 02:05:00 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:05:00 +1000

Raw message

Hi Jb,

There should be nightly backups done. /var/backups/grase/database/
should have the nightly backups. There are 2 sql files per night, one
for the radius database, one for the radmin database. There should
also be a tgz file that contains both the files compressed. (I'll have
to look at making the script remove the files once it compresses
them).

When you do a reinstall, make sure the packages are installed before
restoring the databases.

Tim
p.s. If you have uploaded a custom logo it needs to be saved separately.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM, jb <be***s@yahoo.com> wrote:

> good day!
> is there an automatic backup of the settings and accounts in grase?
> i plan to reconfigure the server because of hardware problems. is there a way
> that i can export the settings and accounts from the old server and then import it
> to the new server?
> thank you,
> jb

Thread