2011-10-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Squid Lusca?

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 585b9c865990c21826c05955970153baf7bb667c6c119dbff68cdde4588353b0
Message ID: <4E980F6D.5000700@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1318562044.784.YahooMailNeo@web120805.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-10-14 03:31:09 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:31:09 +1000

Raw message

Hi Rebecca.

Anything that Lusca does to save bandwidth, squid3 should also be doing
(unless there was something I missed on the Lusca site about video
caching?).
It should be possible to use Lusca instead of squid3, however it would
need to waiting until there is an Ubuntu package for it, and if there
was demand then I could make it use Lusca as an alternative proxy. I do
want to be able to support other proxies, but currently am only
supporting squid3.

What in particular about Lusca makes you want to use it?

Tim
p.s. You /could/ install Lusca, override squid3 so it doesn't load, and
make sure Lusca loads on the same port as squid3, and logs to the same
files.

On 14/10/11 13:14, B Rebecca wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Great job for this hotspot application. easy to install and manage. I
> have some questions regarding to squid.
> Is there a way to use squid 2.x with lusca instead of squid3 ( grase
> squid )??
>
> some of my clients using same links, videos everyday in youtube. and
> lusca might be the help to atleast save bandwidth.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rebecca

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-oct

  • Return to October 2011