2011-11-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] radgroup attributes

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 08b388e05ce8876c76628fbde766ed8fe13bada970fd66c467a750e6d5c1a90f
Message ID: <4EB85E1D.4020203@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1320673228.12967.YahooMailNeo@web121914.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-11-07 15:39:25 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:39:25 +1000

Raw message

Hi Paul.

The easiest way to work this out is say what it should be, then check.

> is it possible you mixed up the radius group attributes, or am i wrong?
> In my opinion "Max-Octets Max-Daily-Session" belongs to radgroupcheck,
> and e.g. "Idle-Timeout ChilliSpot-Bandwidth-Max-Down" is a
> radgroupreply attr.
Max-Octets, Max-Daily-Session should be radgroupcheck, because they are
converted into Session-Timeout and Max-Total-Octets. Idle-Timeout is not
set per group or user atm, hence it's a ChilliSpot-Config attribute
which means it gets returned to chilli when it requests it's config
attributes, so the default config is based on those attributes.
ChilliSpot-Bandwidth-Max* should be radgroupreply.

So the bandwidth things are in groupreply and work.

Looks like you are right, Max-* should be in groupcheck and are
currently in groupreply. It also appears that I was mistaken about being
able to override group limits when you create a user. I'll have to
change some code and have a play to see what is right.
> Also read_groups is not set in sql.conf.
By default, read_groups is yes, but it wouldn't hurt to explicitly set
it encase the defaults change at some point.
> If  we want to replace the userattributes with the groupattributes it
> might be better to use the ":=" operator value.
The idea was that the userattributes replaced the group attributes
(allowing you to override some settings). But it seems I may have to
rethink this now.

Thanks for pointing all this out.