2011-11-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Can’t get an IP from the Access point

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e6fc30a077518c5ff9958721d53074ee8ce667cec4cd35eabbdea1ce082e7ee4
Message ID: <CAESLx0LCsGqhsVFrdteGr-2=5NNt8khiwTVpeM4TqW097KzU8g@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CA+wWQF9KkRjs-wJdZML9VPW_ma631-+23hHC2gG2T1-8o+o96A@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-11-14 20:46:50 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:46:50 +1000

Raw message

You need to setup the access points to operate in Layer 2 only, not Layer 3.
I don't have any Cisco AP's myself so can't help you with the setup.
In theory, using dhcp relay pointed at 10.1.0.1 (and giving the AP's
ip addresses like 10.1.0.254) should work, but others have found it
doesn't work all the time.

Let me know what you try and what eventually works, so I can write a
guide as a number of people are trying to use Cisco AP's. (Or,
purchase me a Cisco AP and I'll work it out!)

Tim