2011-12-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] inquiry

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 7c13833b4267958a68f7173715c61d27b8fdf42c61dcc0b936c70696b7cdf38e
Message ID: <4EDFE154.1040900@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1323073520.25175.YahooMailClassic@web110201.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2011-12-07 14:57:40 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 05:57:40 +0800

Raw message

On 05/12/11 16:25, jb wrote:
 > hi tim
 > wat wud happen if i place my grase server after a dansguardian
filtered server?
 > do i need to setup each client to use the non-transparent proxy
setting on the browser?
 > i wont set it to transparent coz dansguardian wont filter.
 > heres the setup
 > internet <---> zentyal squid/proxy server with dansguardian <---->
grase server
 > thanks for ur opinion.

Install Dansguardian on the Grase server, it loves to exist with squid
(which grase already uses). For now you still need to make a few
modifications to grase to get the dansguardian server to be used, but in
a future release I'll make it easy to use dansguardian.

Easiest way to make it use dansguardian, edit
/etc/squid3/squid.conf.grase (it's named something like that) and find
the port number, change it but remember it. Make dansguardian listen on
the port that squid was listening on, but forward to the new squid port.
Dansguardian works fine in transparent mode. I need to rewrite the code
that'll allow you to have different rules in squid/dansguardian
depending on the grase user that is logged in.