2012-01-26 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Fw: Problem with the installation

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 0c716e6741d61df84fc423b0bfb3b7d32874cb56b64e8ddaabfa9cd46f4306da
Message ID: <4F21D0C3.10704@gmail.com>
Reply To: <83F5FD13755741429F8D7440F7801690@PC>
UTC Datetime: 2012-01-26 15:16:35 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 08:16:35 +1000

Raw message

Hi Oscar.

On 23/01/12 02:30, Oscar Saiz wrote:
> Hello,
> I've configured my server with DEBIAN 6.0.3 and I have to say you that
> the
> grase hotspot is running!!!
Yay!
> For this reason I'm sure that there is something wrong with Ubuntu
> installation. I don't know what but something has changed and it doesn't
> work. (as I told you I've proved some versions) Perhaps they've changed a
> library, or I don't know. As you can see I sent a file with my Ubuntu
> packages and now I send you the Debian configuration. I don't know if it
> could be usefull for you but.... I send too the service from grase.
> The only doubt that I have is when I reboot the server I obtein the next
> message:
> "virtual private network daemon: grase failed"
This message is fine to ignore. Until I sign your VPN key, the vpn will
fail to start.

You'll be happy to know I found the bug that was causing the problem! It
so happened that after doing an uninstall and reinstall of the packages,
I saw the bug. The error message you got about smarty wasn't helping
because the error was way before there, and that error message was
actually a bug in the Error handling code! I couldn't understand why
you'd be getting that message, but now I do!
So a small fix in another piece of code, a few small changes to the
error handling and I've fixed it. The release with the fix should be out
shortly.

  • Return to January 2012

  • Return to “Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>

  • Unknown thread root