2012-02-09 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Fw: can ping google and clients but cannot surf

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 0b1d2507a4742a2924b165dfb3da69d5bf8c662a364d4519acf1f654a3205191
Message ID: <4F34305B.7010105@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1328777672.61412.YahooMailClassic@web110210.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-02-09 13:45:15 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 06:45:15 +1000

Raw message

On 09/02/12 18:54, jb wrote:
> hi tim,
>
> good day!
>
> just this morning, our grase server clients can connect to the captive
> portal
> and can login using his/her credentials..but after, the client can not
> browse
> the internet..
>
> i can ping from the server www.google.com and can also ping the client..
> already done manual update..reboot..still cant access internet.
>

> wat seems to be the problem?
>
> ty
>
> johnbert

Hi Johnbert.

Can you please confirm the versions of some of your packages? There was
a few small updates pushed out recently, one was to fix a security
issue, and one was to hopefully fix the very issue you are describing.

Run 'apt-cache policy grase-conf-squid3 grase-conf-dnsmasq' and confirm
that the output looks like the following.

grase-conf-squid3:
   Installed: 1.2
   Candidate: 1.2
   Version table:
  *** 1.2 0
         500 http://packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
grase-conf-dnsmasq:
   Installed: 1.6
   Candidate: 1.6
   Version table:
  *** 1.6 0
         500 http://packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

If not, please do a "sudo apt-get update" "sudo apt-get upgrade" and
check that the grase packages are all the latest version.

If they are and you are still having the problem, can you see what is
shown in the squid access and cache logs.

Thanks