2012-03-01 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Removing Automatic NIC configuration?

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 2b7d9f609dd913dbc7ec02bf9876ca16e1b3bfd4447001d0ef107769278bf5bf
Message ID: <4F4FEEC4.4080502@gmail.com>
Reply To: <34739b500a6d9f0717a012d617d3a6c426850e35@thesanctuarythailand.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-03-01 14:48:52 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 07:48:52 +1000

Raw message

Hi Raphael.

Coova shouldn't be trying to configure all NICs. It sounds like you need
to login to the admin interface and find under Network Settings the WAN
and LAN nics. Check they are what you expect and then save the settings
to make sure it's saved. (WAN is automatic, LAN can you select. WAN is
based on the gateway route). It sounds like Coova is trying to use the
NIC that you wish to use for the internal network, so you just need to
change it's LAN nic to the correct one and it should work.
If after doing that it's still trying to configure it, we'll need to do
some debugging to find out what's happening. (Make sure you leave
Coova's NIC totally unconfigured, no ip address, no firewall etc.)

Tim