2012-03-19 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] was integrate grase on router “Project gomitolo”

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 6cdbe8bb067a9a22605f5c2289a61890b9986435bc935111cc34ae080aa6de10
Message ID: <4F679A12.5080607@gmail.com>
Reply To: <1861096998.216.1332166516758.JavaMail.root@zimbra>
UTC Datetime: 2012-03-19 13:41:54 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:41:54 +1000

Raw message

On 20/03/12 00:15, Dikdust wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> I' m working on the centralization of grase for and Italian project. I' m following Tim's advice (read below), if you want to cooperate I can translate in english and link what I have done.
>
> I guess that Tim has to approve this anyway, if someone is interested write me a mail, (or write to gomitolo at adfacom dot it)
Ticket 56 (http://trac.grasehotspot.org/ticket/56) is for the
"decentralisation" of the Hotspot.
Ideally we can make this happen with minimal changes, by allowing
packages like the dnsmasq config package, and the chilli package to be
installed without depending on everything else. We then need to have a
meta package that will install all the server components, and a meta
package that will install all the client components. Maybe a meta
package that installs both lots so setups like we currently do use the
"overall" meta package.
The trick is then to make sure that at install of the client packages,
if we don't have the server packages will somehow get the required
details to contact the server. For simplicity, I think we need the web
server to stay on the server, so the client doesn't need any MySQL
components. (Ideally this will also allow us to use the embedded router
firmwares)