2012-03-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] 3.7.3 bugs

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 80b438a18eb6cc9dd86fc5aff53f9bf2fa838b72c6b01b47e1091e82dea87d7a
Message ID: <4F604E96.3050902@gmail.com>
Reply To: <ac0ceed1021edf608d762e2ae58b9a4f488703ec@thesanctuarythailand.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-03-14 00:53:58 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:53:58 +1000

Raw message

On 14/03/12 15:57, it***r@thesanctuarythailand.com wrote:
> Well, as you can see Tim. All the recorded data on user accounts is
> corrupted. Most users with 1000minute tickets are now showing as 499
> or 955 minutes allocated. And those with expired tickets now have
> hours of time remaining. Its all a bit of a mess.
>
> Problem is that we have around 1000 accounts on the system as we are
> running grase in large resort. The staff at the reception have been
> issuing refunds all morning.
>
> I have a backup from yesterday prior to the update. I am thinking of
> restoring, however i do not want grase to self update. How can i stop it?

I believe you have been issuing refunds unnecessarily. Nothing has
changed in the backend with the last update, the only thing that has
changed is the display of user limits changing into the display of
remaining time.
All the tickets in the picture you are display appear to be for a time
limit of 100 minutes, (or 1hr 40) and so all the red ones are users who
have used the entire 100 minutes. 00:00:00 shows that there is no time
remaining. The numbers in brackets (for time usage) show the total time
usage while the numbers outside the brackets show the time usage for the
last ~month.
The reason for the change is that Limits are "adjusted" after about 2
months, as the session data is archived. So e.g, you have a user with a
60 min time limit, and last month they used 20 mins, the 20 mins worth
of sessions are archived, and the limit is adjusted to be 40 mins. This
can look confussing when the users limits change each month until they
have used up their whole limit. It makes more sense to show how much
time is remaining for the user, and how much time has been used (and
adding the 2 up will give you their initial limit).

Again, I'll emphasise, the update did not change any stored users, or
any of that part of the backend, only thing that changed was how it's
displayed.

Auto updates are covered in the FAQ http://trac.grasehotspot.org/wiki/FAQ

Hope that helps. Sorry that it confused you. That particular part of the
update wasn't supposed to be made live yet, just some new features to do
with Time Limits and some backend changes in the freeradius package
(which doesn't effect the users or their settings) to allow monitoring
of failed login attempts.