2012-03-29 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Bug in Archiving code, MAJOR issue, Fix attached (Was Re: Disconnect Active User)

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e30b55ec5fb849f1011e09137dc490fa5e9e876e1b52c969783d4c6810a808c5
Message ID: <CAESLx0K+arF-_44sH9tMCb7PyTsSvSm7-h9cOoOSNP5AS+cNxA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <4F74C0F1.4080109@web.de>
UTC Datetime: 2012-03-29 13:48:23 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:48:23 +1000

Raw message

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 6:07 AM, Silvério Santos <SS***s@web.de> wrote:
> Am 29.03.2012 12:57, schrieb Timothy White:
>> The problem has been found!
>> Seems a fix from earlier actually broke it! (Fix was last year, so not
>> sure how it wasn't noticed until now!)
> Hi Tim,
>
> a good way to avoid regressions is to use programmed testing. A good
> example is PHPUnit2 (http://pear.phpunit.de/), would this be a good idea
> for Grase? As an example you can use code I submitted for ticket 42.

I've never used testing like this before, but it is a very good idea.
Now I look at ticket 42, I wonder how it's gone so long without being
fixed! If you could resend the code you had sent me, that would be
good. I'm sure I have it somewhere, but with most of my stuff on my
dead computer, it would be easier if you sent it again. That way I can
look at PHPUnit2 and ticket 42 all at once.

I know that the fix I did last year, was to fix an issue, and it did
fix the issue at the time. However, it obviously wasn't tested enough
as it didn't fix the issue properly as the CAST was around the whole
equation instead of just the string variable.