2012-05-08 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] proxy help

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 4ed9ab241335595acb88fda2096b5328a8ede2eb9961ecf73177d9177aaa6008
Message ID: <4FAA01B7.70701@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CALGdDxM8gcjA73=AN=XwJ=aPUoOtZ02A=T+O9PEe-pK_n-jQxw@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-05-08 22:33:43 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 15:33:43 +1000

Raw message

On 08/05/12 20:16, Luis Cruz wrote:
> Hi mate!
>
> First of all, all the installion runned great,at the end of the ubuntu
> installation i've just done the export http_proxy.... to set my proxy
> and the rest of installation runned well.but,
>
> I'm having some issues running this hotspot server.
> I have a non-transparent proxy server here, and what i want to do is,
> when a person connects to the wireless, it needs to put the proxy
> server ip and port in the browser.and i want to make it
> transparent.can you give me some help to do that?

The Grase Hotspot installs with Squid as a transparent proxy. Using
other proxies isn't supported at this time. Is the non-transparent proxy
upstream from the hotspot? If so, you just need to tell Squid (on the
hotspot) to use the "parent" proxy.
There is no way to put the proxy details in the users browser (there is
a kinda way, but it's flacky at best, and not going to work enough to be
useful). Just stick with the default proxy that is installed with the
hotspot.

> Other problem, i can't access the users portal for login the server
> it's not redirecting me when i connect to the wireless... it gives the
> right ip range, etcc.
This sounds like it could be a proxy issue. I'd reverse your export
http_proxy you've done and go with a stock standard install first to see
if it works, then you can play from there.

Please subscribe to the mailing list.