2012-06-25 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Uninstalling Grase leave behind several pieces

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 0cc9e9f0f42485904a14ee6b654ee1564bcb99c526e019e358e578bbb4b05b85
Message ID: <CAESLx0Koz07cPNnvRvN97ZUeN5qDytU4ryjyVYHBjvtNEnJN6A@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAESLx0+hFFHfsCc4JHaja+1UsXPqhLCj9gng1-z2uvq8NQMM+g@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-06-25 17:12:32 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:12:32 +0800

Raw message

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com> wrote:
> way would be ideal, and if I get a chance, I'll ask some Debian
> packagers for suggestions. I am slowly working through all the
> packages Lintian errors, so I know that the packages aren't perfect.

I asked other Debian packagers, and the suggest was for you to purge it. :/
As I said, it would be nice if we didn't need the Cronjob just for
updating network settings that happens so rarely. The alternative I
had originally thought of, was to use sudo to allow the webserver to
kick off a script, or suid. However nether of these sit well with my
from a security point of view. A daemon running constantly just to
check is also not ideal. I'll investigate other options, so
suggestions are welcome. (I can't remove the file in the postrm, as
then a reinstall won't add it back, as it's a conffile and so assumes
the user removed it for a reason). I can probably install the file
"magically" in postinst, however it's not the recommended way, so I
wouldn't want to do it as I hope to have the packages in Debian at
some point (or at least fully compliant)