2012-06-21 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase hotspot session-timeout

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a5eeb589825fb2d7b7b42430a78538b6e3fff3e2e6f5fc8e96ab220a4466d14c
Message ID: <CAESLx0JgsytXWe9tGZg3DckacAdmBeoAFuOj_Nu=pvhTzrb_Kg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <16500558.532501340263748106.JavaMail.defaultUser@defaultHost>
UTC Datetime: 2012-06-21 01:22:29 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:22:29 +0800

Raw message

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM, lu***e@inwind.it <lu***e@inwind.it> wrote:
> hi
>

> i've the same problem of session timeout of  "libert link"
>

> in my syslog ' found this error message (see below).
>

> can you help me? session drop after few minutes sometimes also after few
> seconds.

Can you filter your log message to only show lines with
"/usr/share/grase/scripts/update_grase_networksettings.sh" in it, and
them show me a bigger time frame? The VPN messages can all be ignored,
and my guess is that the regular cron job that updates the network
settings is causing your problems. It should only restart the hotspot
when a network setting has been changed, but my guess is that there is
an error and so it's restarting it every 5 minutes.

It might be good to get CRON to log the output of these scripts
somewhere and make it available in the gui.