2012-06-29 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Weird Bug I really Need Help

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: c6c79c8648340c729f324c5ea560ef20b06ad3c0b1f8274f89c8c20295802d0d
Message ID: <CAESLx0+hivVwqcqe3D0_AuFc_VK6fDFbuPZNYgqR65rvYq71JA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <009e01cd563f$821e3ac0$865ab040$@ca>
UTC Datetime: 2012-06-29 16:13:42 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 09:13:42 +1000

Raw message

Try eliminating components.

Change DNS (in admin interface) to something like 8.8.8.8 (googles).

Deactivate transparent squid proxy (Comment out following lines in
/etc/chilli/ipup.sh
    ipt -I PREROUTING -t mangle -p tcp -s $NET/$MASK -d $ADDR --dport
3128 -j DROP
    ipt -I PREROUTING -t nat -i $TUNTAP -p tcp -s $NET/$MASK -d !
$ADDR --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to 3128

If it still doesn't work, tell the clients to use a different DNS
server (so we bypass dnsmasq) by changing the following lines in
/etc/chilli/config (comment out the ones with UAMLISTEN in them,
uncomment the other DNS lines and set DNS server there)

# OpenDNS Servers
#HS_DNS1=208.67.222.222
#HS_DNS2=208.67.220.220
HS_DNS2=$HS_UAMLISTEN
HS_DNS1=$HS_UAMLISTEN

Let us know which component is causing the problem.

Tim