2012-07-18 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Expiry times and SSL/VPN certificate

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 6ff4aeba89fc1cf76d0ea064346b36d11ba5d4a4930c88f6c82c303eb8eefe5f
Message ID: <5007327D.9040208@gmail.com>
Reply To: <201207182355.21918.solbu@solbu.net>
UTC Datetime: 2012-07-18 15:02:37 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:02:37 +1000

Raw message

On 19/07/12 07:55, Johnny Solbu wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 July 2012 08:34, Timothy White wrote:
>>> As a final note, we love the ability to set limits on bandwith. We have had problems with visitors from Ukraine who use Skype quite often, and clogs out upstream bandwith. Now we can finally put an end to this. Thank you. :-)=
>> No problem. Glad it's being used! It's used here to limit some teenage
>> boys who would clog the internet!
> One question regarding the bandwith limit.
> Lets say we limit the visitors group to 512Kibits upload. Does that mean that if there are 10 visitors all uploading something, (to youtube and/or using Skype) are their combined upload limit 512 kbits or is it 512kbits x 10 = 5Mbit?
It's per user, not per group. So 512kbits x 10. It's set as part of the
group as in most cases you don't want to be setting it per user every
time. Same as time and data limits, we can set it to inherit by default
be overrideable per user.

Off the top of my head, I think I have looked into a group limit, and
it's not possible.