2012-07-25 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Bandwidth limit per day

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: a2327709f4b81fb83526f43fb6e9a1cee7305016a917dad0314f1b9f3b73f731
Message ID: <CAESLx0L3mLVDnaDNQ5-j5zN_FmDmBgdsrcd0XL__-K5NigJ2CQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAM-gkwvWxb3BeEQVJyXWoL7bP-K9RdH170oFv67hrwxUrRMq4g@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-07-25 16:38:46 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:38:46 +1000

Raw message

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Ricardo Sá - www.uteusite.com <
ri***o@uteusite.com> wrote:

> I've done a subscription now ;-). Then it's means, if I only use the data
> limit(without time limit), it works without bug's, Right? You can send the
> files to put in folder of grase or something ? or re-enable this on source?
>
> I'have one ideia, what you thing, if when the administrador select the
> data limit per day(on groups), the option of time limit turn invisible or
> lock.
>
>  thank's my friend

You can use just data limits, however that won't be data limit per day.
It's when you have "data limit per period", i.e. "data limit per day", that
you get issues. So in particular, if a user has 10Mb a day, and the day
switches over at midnight, if they login at 11:45pm, and go past midnight,
it won't automatically update their quota for the next day until the logout
and login. So another way of putting it, any limits are defined at login
time. The reason time limits per day, and time limits per week etc work, is
that generally you can't go over the barrier time without being
automatically logged out, as your time limit is up.

So using any "data limit per period" options, will have bugs until a
complete rewrite of how its handled in Freeradius is done.

That's why I asked if you can let me know how you want to use this feature,
so I can work out what the best way to make it possible for you is.

  • Return to July 2012

  • Return to “Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>

  • Unknown thread root

    • 2012-07-25 (Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:38:46 +1000) - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Bandwidth limit per day - Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>