2012-08-01 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] How to authenticate users on port # 3128?

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 93b63c9f2a92157ddfee1581c1220dd984997ec99e99c46824bdfd1e1bdcd0e4
Message ID: <CAESLx0L1cm7DZc10dV18HY1h32djg5u+CkRHVL1JRZsi8hX5hQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAG_9CVF6SaMFrJ7jq7a6c+hOAcBvLtD1bh=idCd3oDG+MmEaew@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-08-01 17:31:06 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:31:06 +1000

Raw message

Hi Humphrey.

I'm not sure why you are trying to authenticate users on the squid
port. The hotspot uses a transparent squid proxy already, and then
uses the hotspot interface to show logs for each user. There is an
"Extension" that needs to be rewritten so the logs contain the logged
in username (useful for dansguardian filtering), there should be an
active bug request for that.

Users should not be able to access port 3128 until they are
authenticated via the captive portal. If they can, you have changed
some settings that break things.

Tim