2012-09-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Avoid computer account session time out

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 1a44de2194ba0ed36cb76d85b13220f3dd963442fe6e99d2602fdc914c70e19f
Message ID: <5053AB4C.6060009@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAPz6xh7Ys=D_=dXy6_Pn63cbpXSwXNSAcD_Jphihh6FgF536DQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-09-14 15:10:20 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 08:10:20 +1000

Raw message

On 06/09/12 21:12, Tomas213 wrote:
> Hello.
> My company has an ZTE ipad with an application that needs to be on
> line all the time.
> I made a "computer" account with the mac address.
> times to times i have to login again to grace.
> Is there any way of making the session never log out?
>
> sorry if the above question has been asked again, coudn;t find
> anything similiar on the mailing lists.

It /should/ be authenticated whenever someone tires to use the internet
through it. When it first connects to the wifi, does it get access
without needing to login? If not, then you've made a mistake with the
mac address.
Computer accounts can "timeout" but should login again automatically
when they try and use the internet. I'll give it a test soon, but it
should be working.