2012-09-19 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Data and Configuration backup.

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 549550885fee329c8eaf17be05276904a07e2c62505783f0abcffc36d19ce5ad
Message ID: <CAESLx0J1gewmeVmUsM2VZ9HvRHfAGk2hVAcMJ7SBqPiq7z+q4A@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <5F77FE289D3A430E80B6C4EBB4DC6A10@PCJames>
UTC Datetime: 2012-09-19 14:32:07 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:32:07 +1000

Raw message

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Antonino Murabito
<an***o@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim and everyone,
> Have you thought to include a backup command in www-admin interface?
> What is the best way to make a complete backup at the moment?
> Thank you in advance for your attention.
> Regards.
> Antonino Murabito

Hi Antonino.

We really do need something in the admin interface to help people with
backups. Currently backups happen nightly, and are saved in
/var/backups/grase. There are 3 files each day, one for each database,
and then a tarball of both the database backups. The backup script can
also email these offsite with a small modification.
Other than the database backups, if you need proxy logs, you'll need
to setup your own backup system for them. Other than that, everything
you need should be in the database backups.

My plans are eventually to have an admin section where you can have it
email you the backups, and also delete old backups (currently backups
aren't deleted). Any other suggestions are welcomed.