2012-09-05 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Change Vouchers Expiry

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 97320901b467b628e4ed38cfc6cc99a6c6a483707e5a243a6871f8e4dd630ee1
Message ID: <CAESLx0L7nnyTDRu2=i3DgF9AG5BQGa93zVeQO9C1XaTWwyj9uQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <50466447.9401320a.253c.6386SMTPIN_ADDED@mx.google.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-09-05 02:05:15 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:05:15 +1000

Raw message

Hi, please subscribe to the mailing list.

See http://trac.grasehotspot.org/ticket/39

Currently not possible. I do have a few ideas of how to implement it,
but it's not simple which is why it's not currently been done.

Ideally you want a voucher to have an expiry even if it gets a new one
at first login, because you are usually selling an item at a price,
and so expect it to be used at that price. If the price later goes up,
those who have 'bought up' can keep using their items "forever".

Ideally, you want vouchers to have a long enough expiry to be sold
before they expire, but short enough that there is incentive for it to
be used.

I would like it to be a bit like SIM cards here in Australia, they
have an "activate by" date, so that old sim cards aren't lying around
for years taking up potential numbers. So the vouchers would ideally
have an "activate by" date which is the normal expiry we have, and
then at first login a second expiry is applied.

The biggest hurdle is the "first login" part. Its very easy to have a
section for activating vouchers, before logging in, but that's not
really user friendly.

Tim

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:27 AM, David <no***y@sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> I dont know if this is possible. When you create tickets
> with (for example) +1 month expiry, is it not possible to
> have the system only start the count down towards expiry
> from time of first login. This will be helpful so you dont
> get a batch expiring before anyone has used it.
>
> It would be great if you can include that option for each
> type of voucher. Then an admin can print a lot of batches at
> once without the possibility of expiring before being used.
>
> Regards
> David Graham

Thread