2012-09-19 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase Portal Setup

Header Data

From: Erik Andre Aabrekk <er***e@oneway.no>
Message Hash: a31d22a4d93fbb5464f1345879e4e542c62613a68591ced97998c3c4e70d1c03
Message ID: <CAJgHx0=02EkpRQj2iFbM3oRAn_xXnE2XYb1mG1SWCEt40HV9eg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <201209200217.05579.solbu@solbu.net>
UTC Datetime: 2012-09-19 18:17:53 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 03:17:53 +0200

Raw message

torsdag 20. september 2012 skrev Johnny Solbu <so***u@solbu.net> følgende:
> On Sunday 16 September 2012 17:13, Norman Banas wrote:
>> At the other side of town or somewhere, a dd-wrt firmware providing
hotspot service, using internet to connect to my server A
for authentication.Is this possible with Grase and if yes how would i
configure it.

Why not setup a grase server where its needed. As i see grase, its ment to
be connected to inet and to deliver access throught grase out to the
clients. Not to check access for different locations all over the town.

to have 1 grase server and lot of different locations? so this server A
would handle all locations where internet is been provided?

did i understand you correct?

> Untill Grase hotspot get this functionality, you could try doing
something that a friend of mine is doing at a farm, with multiple buildings
that need wireless access.

> We have 4 linksys wifi routers connected to the Grase server, one in each
building. I believe they are in bridge mode. (Right, Erik Andre?)
Correct johnny, bridge mode. works

> Meaning all of their traffic goes through the Grase server. as far as I
kow, it works flawlessly.

> It might be a problem thou if in your case the other wifi networks are in
different cities. So you might have to wait for Tim to implement the
functionality.

> --
> Johnny A. Solbu
> web site, http://www.solbu.net