2012-10-24 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Ability to switch off Grace with a maintenance message

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: e80f0b7ec0dbcefbef8acf9302506772a4e2ec9f06cd1071efb61e48802c6e9e
Message ID: <5087E016.5030908@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAPz6xh78H6BwOwZt1eBmWDS8Qq9RNRPdpdLvDeOBQOpfoKa=eQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-10-24 05:33:26 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 22:33:26 +1000

Raw message

Great idea Thomas.

This is something that we should be able to implement in Freeradius.
I'll have to do some research into how it handles something called a
"default group", but we should be able to put an Auth Reject in the
default group settings, and a message why. However that would only
reject at login. On top of that we'd need a template file to display
instead of the login page.

If you could file a bug for me Thomas, I'll try and get onto it soon.
For now, you can probably just put a hotspot.html file in the uam
directory, so that requests for /grase/uam/hotspot could be possibly
served by hotspot.html (off the top of my head, can't think if it'll
work without moving the hotspot.php file away).

Tim

On 24/10/12 22:22, Tomas213 wrote:
> Hello.
> I have a problem with my router and i would like to disable temporary
> Grace until i fix it.
> I don't want to shut down the server, but it would be nice to have a
> way to disable it and have a message in the main login page saying
> something like "The WIFI Hotspot is down due to maintenance",
>
> ...just an idea...
>

> Thomas

Thread