2012-11-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Access Point/router setup

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 09d4a49e160cef835b38d933e37b1a3f15c64a985e60e7dc0e5aa243d1f0450a
Message ID: <CAESLx0LQonkzJscHEv9_Y6MwEpghS-kKfKjEdWJ5Ss5yfDVraA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CA+9ZPKo3NtLW9X-9tkGACvRhN5m+iY-9cMQ+dQOcsLMphhqinQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-11-13 20:48:14 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:48:14 +1000

Raw message

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Santiago Berniz <sb***z@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi tim,
>
>    I forgot one important question, I currenlty running the router with
> DHCP on a sub network however, since i'lll install the server, i'll plan on
> using the router as a switch only/access point. However, can't still find
> how to do this, Also, will I have to do that, or i can use the router
> regularly with DHCP and it won't affect the portal?.. Unfortunately, since
> it is the only wireless router i have and is running, i cant test it
> without leaving everybody without internet while I test, hence, i will like
> to know if it is posible, router is WRT 160N from cisco/linksys

You'll need to be in bridge mode with DHCP disabled. See the following link
http://homekb.cisco.com/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=24583