2012-11-12 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] stopping all Users from changing their password

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 488bac6ef548476068918a634a2a5322205ee35a8fd7d5aa431ca96eb2a00957
Message ID: <50A17D7D.7060702@gmail.com>
Reply To: <E1TXsQe-0001Rz-Qw@sfs-ml-2.v29.ch3.sourceforge.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-11-12 15:51:41 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:51:41 +1000

Raw message

On 12/11/12 21:24, Wood, Darren wrote:

> Just posting this again as the first message disappeared off the end
> of the page.
>
> Is there a way to remove the link that allow users to access their
> user password
>
> so only the admin can change it and not the user?
>
> We have one user account for all public users, but someone keeps
> logging on and changing the password which is locking everyone out.

Currently there isn't a way to do this that prevents them changing the
password. Ideally you just need to disable the usermin section. To start
with, in the Portal Customisation part, hide the footer link, which
takes away one of the links to managing the account.

Easiest way though is to remove usermin.php out of the
/usr/share/grase/www/radmin/ directory (and you'll need to do that again
after an upgrade).

File a ticket and I'll look at a better way of locking a users password.

Ideally, you'll want automatic ticket creation which is coming soon. So
each users device is automatically allowed 15mins or so without needing
to login.

  • Return to November 2012

  • Return to “Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>

  • Unknown thread root