2012-11-14 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase-hotspot Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5

Header Data

From: Raed Zaro <ra***o@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 49a2d26d1c7e1864e7b6b070b7acee71687ad9cabd65346eb72d89d1cdd86095
Message ID: <CA+RdO9fHre0_2WtkBBwN3Kfr_kX0CG5vnu=WTHTj=a7Kn1aPYQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <mailman.36999.1352865885.2176.grase-hotspot@lists.sourceforge.net>
UTC Datetime: 2012-11-14 09:08:20 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:08:20 +0200

Raw message

will thank you

done what you said and eth1 now as lan and its invisible but still dont
have internet access at client PC or LAPtop

the only thing that I dont touch is how to update coova chilli patches
and
IPTABELS rules

Im not Linux Expert so links or more information will be helpful

On 14 November 2012 06:04, <gr***t@lists.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> To change which network card is which, you'll need the WAN card to be setup
> how you normally set it up (but not with network manager, see the
> grasehotspot.org website for some details). The LAN card needs to be not
> setup. No ip address or anything. Then use the web interface (from the WAN
> side or local machine) to set the LAN nic to the correct setting (and make
> sure you hit save), then reboot.
>
> Tim
>

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Raed Zaro <ra***o@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Installed Grase hotspot on ubuntu 12 desktop yesterday and the situation
> > was yesterday
> > that any one connect to the network it direct hime to 10.1.0.1 page and
> > when user enter his loging info [user name and password] he is not
> > connected to internet .
> > my isp ethernet card eth1
> > my router ethernet card eth0
> > but didnt change eth in /etc/chilli/config
> >

> > today I changed the eth1 to be used by lan and eth to be used by wan in
> > /etc/chilli/config
> >
> > after that nothing happened and connecton return an error
> > even from ubuntu I can access grase system using 127.0.0.1 and not
> > 10.1.0.1
> >
> > any suggestions?
> >
> > Thank you

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:26:42 +0200
> From: Raed Zaro <ra***d@directjo.com>
> Subject: [GRASE-Hotspot] Hello New GraseHotspot
> To: gr***t@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> Hello
>
> Installed Grase hotspot on ubuntu 12 desktop yesterday and the situation
> was
> yesterday
> that any one connect to the network it direct hime to 10.1.0.1 page and
> when
> user enter his loging info [user name and password] he is not connected to
> internet .
> my isp ethernet card eth1
> my router ethernet card eth0
> but didnt change eth in /etc/chilli/config
>

> today I changed the eth1 to be used by lan and eth to be used by wan in
> /etc/chilli/config
>
> after that nothing happened and connecton return an error
> even from ubuntu I can access grase system using 127.0.0.1 and not 10.1.0.1
>
> any suggestions?
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:27:09 +0200
> From: Raed Zaro <ra***d@directjo.com>
> Subject: [GRASE-Hotspot] Hello New GraseHotspot
> To: gr***t@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> Hello
>
> Installed Grase hotspot on ubuntu 12 desktop yesterday and the situation
> was
> yesterday
> that any one connect to the network it direct hime to 10.1.0.1 page and
> [...]

  • Return to November 2012

  • Return to “Raed Zaro <ra***o@gmail.com>

  • Unknown thread root

    • 2012-11-14 (Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:08:20 +0200) - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Grase-hotspot Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5 - Raed Zaro <ra***o@gmail.com>