2012-11-25 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Database

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 612e8b475aaf6aa278942b330910c80ffef5b77cce70496038ad378808c40928
Message ID: <50B293B0.5040004@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CA+RdO9fQSm9J4JG1k4KQg06RZN_PJ4HjKb5d73z6dMK0Mmdm3Q@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-11-25 14:54:56 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:54:56 +1000

Raw message

On 26/11/12 07:34, Raed Zaro wrote:
> Hello
> I had two questions
>
> first :
> can you use external database for all finance ? lets say hosted online
> and mulible servers can access it so we will have one data base with
> more than server to cover wide area

Not currently. I'm actually looking at writing my own distributed
service that people will be able to use for a monthly subscription.
(It'll also make for lighterweight "hotspots" as the heavy lifting is
moved to my servers in the cloud). I'm planning on having a "run your
own server" system as well.
> second:
> what your suggestion after the user period of time expired how to
> renew it?

Just go into the user and click unexpire. Expiry is mostly for when you
want to limit a user to a period of time (i.e. 2 days for someone
staying at a hotel/motel for 2 days) and to assist with clearing out old
users (as expired users are cleared after a few months)