2012-11-12 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] hello new member

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 744d59f81403e3558f4429183cd37828c34bb255b6610780dc28748f2efe3335
Message ID: <50A17F70.7050202@gmail.com>
Reply To: <507CA6C7.3010905@pcecheck.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-11-12 16:00:00 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:00:00 +1000

Raw message

On 16/10/12 10:13, PCeCheck ( Mario ) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new member at this emailing list.
>
> Have 3 rv parks that need a simple wifi hotspot management system.
>
> Some rv parks have more than one broadband connection and in different
> locations.
>
> Have prior experience with zone public ip cd server, but project no
> longer in existence.
>
> Your Grase hotspot system would be able to handle something like this?
>
> Also looking at Easyhotspot but I think portal chillispot project is no
> longer around or now is called coovachilli.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Mario

Hi Mario.

The Grase Hotspot currently can't handle everything you want it to do.
It's best deployed on a single server, that has multiple wireless access
points connected to it. However, in the near future it will support
multiple servers, which will help with your multiple broadband connections.
Is the reason for multiple broadband connections for bandwidth, or just
due to distance?

I do think that Grase Hotspot will be the best option for you, but
you'll have to wait a bit longer for the multiple servers version.