2012-12-23 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Repeater Problem Updated

Header Data

From: Drazen <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 49d6278a2ee019add4d2cc57c6ed9a5ec86ca015cf16587513275a33bd1be4f3
Message ID: <50D7719F.2020508@radez.hr>
Reply To: <CA+9ZPKp9gL_ji-kaa6Gr4q+vVVfnwwKyt2JqLe=cufApL6vRSQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2012-12-23 14:03:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 22:03:27 +0100

Raw message

Santiago,
sorry, wasn't near computer all day.

I am not quite clear with this:

"..Grase Server :
  IP 192.168.1.1 (Network 192.168.1.0
Netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1 .."

Have you changed anything with grase server? You shoudn't . You should
leave all network cards as default upon installation. Don't know why
just know that Tim did something that it is not recomended to change
basic setting . Nor Eth0 or Eth1. So internet side of grase should
remain dynamic, Also Chilli side of grase should be 10.1.0.1 and Chili
has own DHCP for clients.

Now, from your latest mail:
" I just tried your configuration, I got an access poin (3 in 1 ) access
point instead of router, and using an old repeater, same problem, link
connected but can't access internet nor the grase server. i can work
fine with the straight to wired router though, so how did you say that
your setup was working this summer on grase server? "

I think you are fooling yourself with all those routers. They have 3
interfaces LAN, WAN and Wireles and it is tricky to set them properly.
At least it was for me.

Again, I have pure AP devices. It is true that they all have several way
of functions but I was able to get functionality of repeater.
With mentioned Linksys WRT54G which is flashed with DDRT firmware, I
couldn't get it working as repeater.
I reall don't know how I could help you from here. Sorry
Drazen