2013-02-13 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] VPN, messenger , .., blocking

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 737df17ada0e06700f6cfbdb38e1e2748243713b41651da47925771064eaefe5
Message ID: <511C3F67.9000101@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAPz6xh515ErHyMDtSzACD2mpwmDFroCEnrkFLG4LLFr4Q197cQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2013-02-13 18:35:35 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:35:35 +1000

Raw message

On 13/02/13 22:49, Thomas Stefanidis wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Nazanin TB <na***0@yahoo.com
> <mailto:na***0@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello All :
>
>     Thanks to the developer for the great software.
>
>     Does anyone know is there a way to , limit or block, VPN
>     connections, Yahoo messenger, viber , and applications like these ?
>
>     thank you
>

> Hello.
> I use OpenDNS, so i block everything from there.

It sounds like Nazanin is looking to be able to block more than just
some websites.

Basically, you need a good understanding of Linux firewalls, then you
can modify the network scripts with coova chilli to block what you want.
Currently your modifications are overwritten on upgrades, but in the
future I'll have a "switch" so you can specify your extra rules.

see /etc/chilli/ipup.sh and /etc/chilli/up.sh for a starter. If you
aren't comfortable with Linux firewalls, you'll need to find someone who
is to block the specifics that you want blocked.