2013-02-06 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Squid3 working but not retrieving session log

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 772172951a0232d501ec2ef9c6592ca8c760a2c0e34b8d65ffe1b5e7313932a6
Message ID: <5112FAD8.1080201@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAKDTiadUa1Odzeznnom=UHuKdao3_LaEawuGMNE7bqaeKYHjdQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2013-02-06 17:52:40 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:52:40 +1000

Raw message

On 31/01/13 00:03, darnalis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is wonderful to use Grase-hotspot after using it for a while. I got
> some problem regarding the session logs.  I read from grase website
> saying that  "grase-conf-squid3" package configured during
> installation will do all the session logs which break down by url.  So
> far i have tried to monitor using the monitor session using this link,
>
> http://10.1.0.1/grase/radmin/logview?acctid=800&starttime=2013-01-30+13%3A44%3A56&finishtime=2013-01-30+13%3A49%3A24&ipaddress=10.1.0.5&username=homeuser
>
> but there is nothing in the detail session logs.  I did check the
> squid3 application and it is running and the hotspot is functioning
> without any authentication problem.  I am using ubuntu server 12.04.1.
>  Anyone have any idea on this matter?

(That URL is useless to everyone but you)
I've check in my 12.04 server build, and squid3 logging is working
properly. So unless you've modified your squid3 files somehow, it should
just work.
Can you confirm that /var/log/squid3/access.log is empty and not having
anything logged to it?