2013-02-08 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] 3.7.7.6 To be released NOW (Peter Cummins)

Header Data

From: Bob Hunt <bo***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: d2123ab1f8ebc43d36ed5b06e637b2c34be77317288d6611f2aad44b2b0d0c8a
Message ID: <CAA-jMMQF41UCGBa6qHNaV_G5+BqY61yxd3XYsAqc=+jxgQ7TZg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: N/A
UTC Datetime: 2013-02-08 16:07:06 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 10:07:06 +1100

Raw message

Hi Peter,

You wrote:

> I am quite interested in how you achieved the archiving of the user's data
> history. After it is archived, and so their monthly limit is presumably
> reset to zero, is their now archived history still available?

I think that only the totals are archived, so session details are lost (it
looks like this happens after 2 months anyway). I've put a warning text
next to the button to that effect.

In most cases, I find that the loss of session history data doesn't matter
to the client (I always ask).

Now that Tim has fixed the 4Gig data limit bug in chilli (thanks Tim!)
there is the alternative of topping up the clients data limit up to 97Gig I
think, which of course avoids the premature loss of history data.

The files are here:
edituser.php
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8Zo7istnNXpN0U5bU9kQkdYZkE/edit?usp=sharing

edituser.tpl