2013-03-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Running again (squid log issue)

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 2b0991c740b44595a817e9ad5e5bee7dc653c42288a7ad2cbca7ead5fda46e22
Message ID: <513910DB.1090108@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CDE0808EBF803548968A157E73EF1A5D16A4FD5005@nlvwdbacfexc01>
UTC Datetime: 2013-03-07 15:12:43 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:12:43 +1000

Raw message

Hey Paul.

Thanks for all this good debug info. Hopefully you've realised that
nothing should have changed regarding the squid logs. I did recently try
testing my installs, however they are still logging, making it hard to
work out what's different.

Can you also get me the iptables output for the nat and mangle tables.
These are the ones that actually redirect to squid.

iptables -L -t nat
iptables -L -t mangle

Also, what's your kernel version, and your iptables version?
iptables -V
uname -a

> Ps  What are these ports as they are not active on tcp:
> tcp dpt:4990
> tcp dpt:3990

These ports are used by Coova Chilli, the are the ports the web
interface communicates over to login and get status details and such.
They should be active, although I'm not sure how you are trying to see
if they are active.

Tim
p.s. I'm away all weekend, so it'll be a few days before I can look at
the debug info and compare to a working setup

Thread