2013-04-08 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Block webpage

Header Data

From: Tim White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 5ba52bdf8c254f6d6167423ed4005972738b0fba3c2bd69ee6cf9086141e2126
Message ID: <51639908.3080109@gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAFNwkTBoWkS99FXGbjo6Z3uiBTeFtJMe0b86rfSjonH1q5jt2A@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2013-04-08 21:28:56 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 14:28:56 +1000

Raw message

On 8/04/13 11:14 PM, Juvenal Mena wrote:

> hi Tim and tomas,
>
>     i dont use the grase server for customers, they bring their
>     laptops or tablets to my network, my wifi is different from my
>     LAN, and dont have web filtering.
>     we can't afford in this momment the umbrella software(OpenDNS for
>     enterprise or home).

Hi Juvenal.

I don't really understand your email or what you are asking. Yes, we
leave it up to the individual running Grase to determin what DNS server
that want to use, and if they are allowed to use the OpenDNS family
filter that is set by default. I have continued to ask OpenDNS for
permission to include the Family Filter ip's by default, and never
gotten a single reply from them.

I do intend to provide another way for filtering in the future, however
for now the most reliable way is OpenDNS family filter. You can also
setup local filtering in Squid or Dansguardian.