2013-04-22 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Problem squid logging (pjoter) - SOLVED!

Header Data

From: darnalis <da***s@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 65f3975f2ca43d088ccb01d8604dac1cae59e6ec530feeffaa2b93fb7a655a04
Message ID: <CAKDTiaftkg7-c6H5rFz+PnhR5Fm6-U-UE=5Sf7tW0Qvfgy3wDQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: N/A
UTC Datetime: 2013-04-22 06:33:37 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:33:37 +0800

Raw message

Hi peter,

I have been looking for solution for squid3 redirection quite sometimes and
hoping somebody would found a solution.  I really need squid to work very
bad.. especially the caching features.  Well, after much time spent
searching for ways to configure squid3 and experimenting with many
configurations I finally manage to make squid3 to work as usual in Grase
3.7.7.6.  The process is quite simple,

1. Edit the file in /etc/chilli/ipup.sh

2. Comment by using "#" symbol on the left side of the "ipt" word to both
previous command which is shown below to disable it.

#ipt -I PREROUTING -t mangle -p tcp -s $NET/$MASK -d $ADDR --dport 3128 -j
DROP

then add the below command

ipt -I PREROUTING -t mangle -p tcp -d $ADDR --dport 3128 -j DROP

3. later, do the same with the below command

#ipt -I PREROUTING -t nat -i $TUNTAP -p tcp -s $NET/$MASK -d ! $ADDR
--dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to 3128

then add the below command

ipt -I PREROUTING -t nat -i $TUNTAP -p tcp  --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to 3128

4. Save

5. Restart chilli by typing "sudo service chilli restart" in terminal and
viola.. squid logs and caching works! Plus, all direct connection to the
squid server such as 10.1.0.1:3128 will still be dropped.

P/s: Please make sure you understand what you are doing, and have backups.
I don't know whether it will work on your system, but it did in mine and I
am loving GRASE Hotspot.

regards,
darnalis

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:55:29 +0700
> From: "pjoter" <pj***r@gmail.com>
> Subject: [GRASE-Hotspot] Problem squid logging
> To: <Gr***t@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> Hallo ALL
>

> I still have the problem that squid isn't logging traffic from customers.
>
> Did all the suggestions other members writhe on this list but nothing seems
> to help.
>
> If I look to all the emails that are written over this subject nobody has a
> clear answer yet.
>
> I mean it in this way that no one yet gifs feedback that this was the
> solution for him or her.
>
> For me it's a hot item because I live in an apartment building where people
> move in and out by the month.
>
> We had already problems with the police because someone uses the internet
> for drugs related items.
>

> I am very happy with Grase and I provide this at low cost for the people in
> the building and I don't want to get problems.
>
> Tim White did a great job creating this software and it's very stable too
> so
> I hope that I can enjoy it a long time.( if the problem is solved)
>

> I hope someone of u can help me.
>

> I would be very grateful
>

> Thanks in advanced.
>

> Peter