2014-06-25 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Re: Debian base

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: c0d6e7b6c839ed185a2e85fa32961926e7a276f41344d8dd2512ef7595df63d0
Message ID: <53ABB552.8070006@radez.hr>
Reply To: <3558fe16-39b2-4a98-9007-a48261f930be@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-06-25 22:53:22 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 07:53:22 +0200

Raw message

Andrew & Antonio, you both have right.  Same advice I gave someone else
here before.
I can absolutely agree with that claim.

Now I get there myself. I don't really need any gui because ssh console
is all I may need.
There is a special reason for using debian. I May explain later if succeed.
So far I didn't get it work yet.
It may be latest debian version 7.5  I used. I should work around a bit
or take version 6.x.

So far found following differences in installation procedure:
At the point where need to choose server softwares, there is no LAMP
option in debian. It is ok to choose "web" and "ssh" option only. It is
not OK to check "sql" option because it will install postgres database ,
not MySql.
MySql as well PHP need to install manualy with apt-get later.
Also, before proceeding to grase installation it neccesseary to install
open-ssl correction which is not at the link given at grase "Server
install instructions" page. Link is changed to this:
https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202094776-Installing-OpenSSL-0-9-8-on-Debian-7-Wheezy

Drazen

Dana 25.6.2014. 20:07, Andrew Gray je napisao:
> Hey drazen,
>
> Why not just use ubuntu 12.4 server? it's pretty neat, you can throw
> in a light gui like xubuntu-desktop if you don't like the CLI and
> you're good to go.
>
> Regards,
> Natreve
> https://groups.google.com/a/grasehotspot.org/d/msgid/grase-hotspot/3558fe16-39b2-4a98-9007-a48261f930be%40grasehotspot.org