2014-06-23 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] problems with wifi connexion

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: d6414bd6d4661c96c3856c0634753629da9d62f3138b5d2602b517c34cd32742
Message ID: <CAESLx0Kb7kG+nKFZqgvYe+goCykuqLByThUrwfsZ5XhckM8SvA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <587d0df6-b4ae-4dad-afc6-c829b1bb66cb@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-06-23 13:11:12 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 06:11:12 +1000

Raw message

Hi Nestor

It sounds like your Wireless AP is actually a router. You need a "dumb"
access point, that just does Layer 2, and not Layer 3. Often if you turn
off the DHCP server on the Wireless AP, that's enough. You may also find
that your Wireless AP has LAN and WAN ports, turn off DHCP and plug
everything into the LAN ports leaving the WAN port empty.

Tim