2014-07-11 - Re: Limiting concurrent connections

Header Data

From: Edward Allen <yb***j@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 95f6c441bc44020018505c49252ccf5106e09d6ddafd29b17b5df071ba4a922d
Message ID: <1f8d2c47-5114-4b14-b0d7-57a1b4ae604a@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <9a886362-c0d2-4592-a54f-55e29ef98904@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-07-11 05:29:55 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 05:29:55 -0700

Raw message

Look at here

http://community.ubnt.com/t5/Business-Talk/Session-Connection-limits/td-p/6729

post 1 and 5

On Friday, 11 July 2014 02:59:13 UTC-5, Pilosopong Tasyo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A little background:  Most of my tenants connect to Grase via mobile
> phones and tablets.  A few use their laptops.  Recently, all of us started
> to encounter connectivity issues.  I found out one of them installed and
> run torrents from her laptop.  So every time uTorrent starts, it takes all
> connections and everyone is affected.
>
> My question is, how do I limit the number of concurrent connections for
> all users?  I was able to help her configure uTorrent properly so it
> doesn't eat all connections.  But that's a short-term fix and it's just for
> one user.  I prefer a more permanent solution that applies to everyone who
> connects to the hotspot.
>
> I'm comfortable writing shell scripts, if necessary.  Help / pointers
> please.  Thank you.
>
> Server specs:
> - Intel Atom D425 1.80GHz
> - 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD (7% used)