2014-07-30 - Re: Stalling upload?

Header Data

From: sh***n@sigsegv.ca
Message Hash: 9c21afc76198b89e13b76bc3edd0e59fcb1ce8d325522231b7a0fa8450405963
Message ID: <9ffd569f-daac-476f-9bbf-d03b551cfc14@grasehotspot.org>
Reply To: <e8349802-f38f-4bca-b13b-562c1c03d09f@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-07-30 09:11:08 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:11:08 -0700

Raw message

Sorry for the early update -- I should mention:

1. This is the newest version of GRASE (non-nightly) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
2. There are no speed limits or data restrictions on the pgroups.
3. I have another Ubuntu 12.04 VM just doing DHCP and NAT via iptables,
which works fine.

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:09:13 AM UTC-7, sh***.@sigsegv.ca wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a new GRASE install on a VMWare ESXi server. In our lab, it works
> great! All upload/download works. But on our production box, we are seeing
> uploads stalling out for clients.
>
> Uploads will start out fast -- a few megabits atleast, per our connection
> - but will drop down to zero very quickly. This issue is so bad that speed
> tests don't even complete - they get stuck on the upload portion. That
> said, all web browsing works fine (i imagine because smaller packets for
> simply requesting web traffic).
>
> Has anyone seen this? I'm not even particularly sure where to start
> debugging. I've enabled Chillispot debugging, but don't see any obvious
> error messages in the output. Uploads via scp from the grase server work
> fine. I have also created a client VM on the same box -- just to eliminate
> any physical layer issues. I see the same issue on the vSwitch.
>
> Any assistance or direction is appreciated!

Thread