2014-08-17 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Client connected, no internet access.

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 374d75f4a0beaf3e9c37a97e03aae91c0baec1c67802a9edf4755ab55ca7ffc5
Message ID: <53F19AD4.1030405@radez.hr>
Reply To: <53E79134.9090807@radez.hr>
UTC Datetime: 2014-08-17 23:19:00 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:19:00 +0200

Raw message

Problem solved.
To get remote link working, the key was in enabling AP+WDS at the base
station. However, WDS was not working as expected at AirMax2 station.
So, I used TP-link WR-741nd, tweaked for outdoor use, but having same
WDS problem. Then I flash it with Gargoyle firmware which is build on
top of OpenWRT. There is much more flexiblity in setting then original
TP link firmware.
Gargoyle is interesting firmware with many options restricting access.
We don't really need it with Grase but someone may wish to take a look:
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/

Rgds. Drazen

Dana 10.8.2014. 17:35, drazen je napisao:
> Having trouble lately with one specific remote wifi link.
>
> I have AP say A, connected to grase lan. This AP accepting local
> clients nearby. They can connect grase normally and get internet
> access as expected. (AirLink AirMax2 outdoor device)
>
> There is remote radio device B set as bridge or client mode and client
> PC wired to B. (TP link WR702N with Yagi)
>
> PC---wire---C-------------2.4GHz-------------A---wire---Grase
>
> PC or wired tablet cannot access grase so can't login nor get IP.
> If those devices are added as computer account by their Eth. Mac they
> can pick up IP from Chilli and I can see them connected at "Monitor
> sessions" page.
>
> However, neither can go internet, they can't even ping grase. They can
> ping both A and B radios.
>
> I am bit confused here. Or those little radio toys don't do full
> bridging or something else on grase side changed.
> Any idea?
>
> Drazen

Thread