2014-11-20 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Groups for Machine Accounts

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 5bbbf70f85c31d2b233a53bc0858f909e869a2a70308dba2736066f11df3aefe
Message ID: <CAESLx0L=HaSGrCJEs0Aq8Phjadyk37TOSTtGQRj78RrH7b2i1Q@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <b4f80c56-50af-4be4-ac5e-eb4a15e2eb86@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-11-20 23:50:48 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:50:48 +1000

Raw message

This is something that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I
originally made computer accounts "special" due to the initial use case I
developed the Hotspot for.
As of the latest nightly, computers are no longer "special" other than the
fact they auto login.
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/111
They can be part of any group, and you can have groups with computers and
normal users. Essentially, any user with a MAC address as their username,
and the correct password, is a computer account.

We really need people to test these changes, so please test and give me
feedback!

Tim