2014-12-11 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] crontab and network interface restart

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 1784da8fde0a989d63b6c7dec7eb40cdd6c6ec956525e0d8993477fcb862c740
Message ID: <CAESLx0+va2bphhxy9KFxrUVjWBXvcAATWaOZhxkiSBc9Amy-EA@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <1a88193c-06c5-4934-b60f-55ae6fd74f7c@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2014-12-11 01:36:48 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 18:36:48 +1000

Raw message

I would take off the >> /home/network.txt and ensure you have mail setup,
as then Cron will capture the output and email it to you.

Alternatively, you need to ensure you catch both stderr and stdout, by
default you are just capturing stdout.

See http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Bash-Prog-Intro-HOWTO-3.html

Having said all that, you'll probably find that restarting networking won't
fix a faulty card, as often its a card lockup which needs the usb to be
reset (unplugged and plugged back in)

Tim