2015-03-05 - Re: Interesting Feature Request

Header Data

From: Bob Hunt <bo***2@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 1c7ed728219c360c9210d5fb506bd80c0237177db2d6d1f4ac2d3d832cf683fe
Message ID: <CAA-jMMREj7CUwJFoFCRhnJ+35dUt5-N7uy1n6vDD2EM9qdQiqQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: N/A
UTC Datetime: 2015-03-05 22:56:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:56:39 +1100

Raw message

Hi Edward,

Here's a possible solution for you which I use for my regular users.
Probably not so good for tickets which have ever-changing usernames.

if you insert the bolded code below into .....www/radmin/edituser.php, then
anytime you change the comments field on your Edit User page, it will be
permanently entered into the Admin Log.

Whenever I want to record something which happens concerning a particular
user, I simply enter it int their comments field.

Filtering for the username in the Admin Log will give you a history for
that user.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Bob

from .....www/radmin/edituser.php
// Update comment if changed
        if(clean_text($_POST['Comment']) != $user['Comment'])
        {
            database_change_comment($username,
clean_text($_POST['Comment']));
            // TODO: Check return for success
            $success[] = T_("Comment Changed");
            AdminLog::getInstance()->log("Comment for *$username changed
to: ".clean_text($_POST['Comment'])*);
        }

Bob Hunt
20 Clarke Street