2015-03-21 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Where is TIM

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 71ad8c3c80ec40c1986040f714940a582d2d6a5e68f0ec2dff618d64324c353c
Message ID: <CAESLx0J3S0ggFFLp3QjcX0=+cWCca7PKc7f_Jz3e6H+_GvW=pw@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <CAGUY4fySOM22JpsCxtC87PVUkNKky3ZDhYR07rj0RhJrQAe4ZA@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-03-21 19:57:40 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:57:40 +1000

Raw message

Hi Edward

Life has been much busier this year than I anticipated. I had hoped to
already have released the nighlies as the next version, but haven't had
much time at all.

Computer account authentication should happen at DHCP time. They should
never see the logins screens, so not sure why you think it's taking longer
for them to login.

You can turn on some debugging in Freeradius to get an idea of what is
happening, but unless you can sit with a computer having problems, and the
server at the same time, debuging can be hard. Ideally you want to see the
failure scroll past and immediately stop the debugging so you can see what
the error was.

I had noticed the occasional error with logins, but haven't been able to
work it out yet either. I'm wondering if it's actually an AJAX "double
call" in the login. Might need to do some client side debugging too.