2015-06-10 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Help and doubt to update

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 9ddff39f79d5271c3b3df35caa342b3e72f588e56730bb0cfa7b5f1d08710c8d
Message ID: <CAESLx0+17Q5W6ngheGi43HMmqhMNX7Gjb67SsQfbqSZJ9AOY3Q@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <ac0ff06e-aa34-4650-96f5-ebc4fe5d8674@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-06-10 23:55:11 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:55:11 +1000

Raw message

Have a look at
https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/wiki/Network-Interfaces

You need one interface setup with DHCP or static (depending on your WAN
connection). The other needs to be setup in Manual mode. The Hotspot takes
over the one in manual mode, and you'll see a tunX interface appear with
the IP address configured in the admin section, by default this is 10.1.0.1.

Your wireless AP's need to be just that, they can't do any routing
otherwise it won't work. If they have an DHCP server settings, these need
to be turned off. You should assign them static IP's outside of the Hotspot
range, this helps keep the management of them away from the Hotspot. For
example, use 192.168.100.2 for the first AP. If you ever need to manage
them, you connect via a cable, or wirelessly, and set a static IP for
yourself of 192.168.100.1, which will then allow you to manage the AP. The
AP's don't communicate with the Hotspot on Layer 3 (IP), but on Layer 2, so
that's why you can put the IP's outside of the Hotspot range.

Hope that helps you.

Tim

  • Return to June 2015

  • Return to “Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>