2015-09-21 - RE: [GRASE-Hotspot] VPN PPTP options

Header Data

From: Paul van Oijen <Pa***n@abnamrocomfin.com>
Message Hash: 6f8b6f941109d2db0c1ffb81a2a6c5dd7f42aa250600484898e996d34b07d7b7
Message ID: <027DF0743282704CAFA3948002E2396601A79E7614@HLVWDBACFEXC02.acfgroup.local>
Reply To: <CAESLx0+2B8fTKjPdVBWNzY7dLDBiQD8d50Y_FbQcS0-_WVwH8g@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2015-09-21 05:32:47 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 12:32:47 +0000

Raw message

Hai Tim,

I plugged in another router to work outside the Linux hotspot box and then the VPN tunnel works well.
Once I use the hotspot again it always fails to connect to my VPN.

As example I have a dd-wrt router with PPTP enabled on the outside and I would like to connect to that via the hotspot establishing a tunnel from my android phone to that network behind the dd-wrt router but that always fails.
As mentioned not having the hotspot in between but another wireless device works well.

So it's from the inside to the outside. What would you advise to check to see what the issue could be?

Chrs Paul