2015-10-07 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Installation problem

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 706f272ef99f9abe06b689f9ccf97543be8afa0ad4aa7bfaef2d260c88a91e30
Message ID: <CAESLx0J9W9Jgs_otndFnCWWhsX12N-ientjf1az+sugw+9QP+Q@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <43e1c51f-00de-4aa2-be43-c0346699d3d2@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2015-10-07 04:19:20 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 21:19:20 +1000

Raw message

Hi Shamir

The Grasehotspot package isn't yet designed for hosting in the cloud with
dd-wrt. There are plans in the future to support that. Currently, it's
designed to be installed on the router, or a computer on site.

There are other hotspot packages out there designed for what you are doing.
If you are familiar with Radius and Coova Chilli (Chillispot), then you can
indeed connect dd-wrt to a Grase Hotspot server, however I don't currently
have instructions for this as I don't have time to invest in writing a
howto on this. If you do want to work it out, we can certainly help on the
mailing list, and then publish your results on the wiki.