2016-01-11 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] 3.8.0 going live. (Was Re: 3.8.0 RC2 Released!)

Header Data

From: Dražen Žuvela <dr***a@radez.hr>
Message Hash: 0c16e6fa878b3d7d877534fa6bf81268de547603fa8f5c4c9e9a0d7462191996
Message ID: <56939966.7040404@radez.hr>
Reply To: <CAESLx0KwubezWxL8128sTmHRL7NJLXC+CMgZ26KvSzbYMfo-bQ@mail.gmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 2016-01-11 05:00:38 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:00:38 +0100

Raw message

Thank you Tim for your hard work.

I have two instances of Grase running. Both are installed aproximatelly
at the same time two years ago.
One instance was  stopped auto updating at 3.8.0 RC1 and that instance
has following sourcelist  written in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/grasehotspot.list :
"deb http://nightly.packages.grasehotspot.org/ purewhite main"

Second instance stop updating at 3.7.7.something. Probably same path to
nightly updates as above. Can't check right now.
I didn't force to correct this until now because everything I needed was
working correctly (still does).
So, don't have idea why updates stopped in different points, and why
stopped at all.

Now, I am interesting what I should do to move versions to stabile 3.8.0
possible without losing user data?
There is no big deal even to loose and recreate all users once again,
cause I have mainly MAC users and just few ordinary users, and no
charging plans at all. Still would be nice to move forward without that
extra work.

Should I let upgrade kernel too?
  After manual apt-get update
and then apt-get upgrade
I got this:
"...
userxxx~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  linux-image-extra-3.16.0-48-generic : Depends:
linux-image-3.16.0-48-generic but it is not installed
  linux-image-generic-lts-utopic : Depends:
linux-image-3.16.0-48-generic but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
..."

Installed base system is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Thanks
Dra\u017een

7.1.2016. u 7:13, Timothy White je napisao/la:

> I consider 3.8.0 ready for release. Unless someone can show me a show
> stopper I'll be releasing it by this weekend.

> On Oct 21, 2015 6:25 AM, "Timothy White" <ti***8@gmail.com
> <mailto:ti***8@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've released RC2 today. This includes some updated translations,
>     and some tweaking of the version dependencies to assist with
>     upgrades.
>
>     If you have done some translations, please check how they look in
>     RC2, so we can tweak them if needed.
>
>     Regards
>
>     Tim
>
>     On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Timothy White
>     <ti***8@gmail.com <mailto:ti***8@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         http://grasehotspot.org/2015/08/01/3-8-0-rc-1/
>
>         I've released the 3.8.0 Release Candidate 1. Full details are
>         on the
>         blog, including how to move from the stable builds to the dev
>         builds
>         to test the RC1! (Dev builds are not the same as nightly
>         builds, they
>         will only move to the new version when we are up to RC's)
>
>         Time to start upgrading so we can finally release 3.8.0 and
>         move on to
>         developing the next version!
>
>         Regards
>
>         Tim