2016-01-27 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Login by Facebook like button

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: d225ce7e0992480aab43b5623267b5c39e9ae34f1c5de931c877a4af8c29b049
Message ID: <CAESLx0LFw3SvvUpudAMxYxarR-3NF62pjs5j5z=jETv=7YgvCg@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <0eeb5c28-3cf6-4a61-b019-643ad0944146@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-01-27 02:46:42 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 19:46:42 +1000

Raw message

Hi Louis

This currently isn't possible. There is an open ticket regarding this
already. https://github.com/GraseHotspot/grase-www-portal/issues/136

The main issue is that facebook doesn't provide a domain that is separate
from the main domain, purely for authentication like this. So the only way
they can access the facebook like button, or login with facebook button, is
by giving them access to all of facebook.

I have seen 1 other product out their that claims to make this possible,
but haven't yet seen how they do it.