2016-02-15 - Re: [GRASE-Hotspot] Roundcube webmail and Squid proxy restrict

Header Data

From: Timothy White <ti***8@gmail.com>
Message Hash: 4ce960200bf0262610e64e7af53f1400701e1afdcd5f6d2a9a5b87a83f6fdde1
Message ID: <CAESLx0KBc9_hbUeAJ=mjV8z807cAnms_3y1=s51t4ehjj6KaDQ@mail.gmail.com>
Reply To: <c96c8922-2240-4444-b8cb-a3c6dd61f74e@grasehotspot.org>
UTC Datetime: 2016-02-15 04:18:42 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:18:42 +1000

Raw message

Hi Eliot

The problem is that Squid, while being a transparent proxy to the client,
is still being a good proxy and letting the server know it's there. Odd
that Roundcube blocks squid, I wasn't aware of it doing that and have never
experience it myself when using roundcube. However, you can make squid hide
it's presence if needed. http://serverfault.com/a/241922